Move Out Checklist
After your initial lease term expires, you may choose to sign a new lease, or automatically become a
month-to-month tenant. Please call the main office at (314) 773.0100 to discuss your options,
Please note: If you are moving out, we require a 30-day notice in writing sent to:
- Gateway Select Properties
- 3284 Ivanhoe Avenue
- Suite A
- St. Louis MO 63139
Follow these guidelines and you should get back most, if not all, of your security deposit.
In the Bathroom
- Scrub bathtub/shower.
- Scrub inside and outside of toilet (yuck).
- Clean sink.
- Dust and wash the medicine cabinet and mirror.
- Look for any signs of leaking water or mold growth.
In the Kitchen
- Clean and wash out cabinets and drawers.
- Clean floor.
- Clean countertops, backsplash and sinks.
- Clean stove, oven, microwave and broiler.
- Defrost the refrigerator and freezer making sure any ice trays or accessories are in place.
- Make sure all appliances are working properly.
In the Bedroom and Living Areas
- Clean Floor- Thoroughly vacuum, and if needed, steam clean the carpet. Check for burns or for
deep stains in the carpet that didn’t exist before.
- Clean closets
- Check for cracks or stains on walls.
- Remove all tacks and/or nails from the walls and spackle the holes left behind.
- Clean windows and window sills.
- Make sure all electrical outlets are working properly.
- Test ceiling fans, air conditioners and heaters to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Look for any missing switch plates or outlet covers.